I'm guessing you know just as well as I do the battle faced by so many of us each day as we work at losing weight, and the effort needed to keep on building those healthy lifestyles can be bloody exhausting. There have been times when I've seriously thought about giving up. Then, when I least expect it reasons pop up inspiring me to keep going. Today I’m going to share, and hopefully inspire you my top five reasons to keep going.
Before I share them I want to let you know that I have made a promise and commitment, not only to myself but to you, to keep extending myself. Stepping outside the comfort zones can be quite confronting. But unless I keep pushing myself and taking risks I'll never become the best I can be. Creating a healthy lifestyle was never about being able to fit into a size 8/10 (AUS) frock. No. It has always been about making healthier choices, and living a healthier, happier life.
The reality is, Fat Be Gone has become about much more than losing weight and working out.
Throughout the past couple of years I have come to realise there are many layers associated with being over-weight, obese, and unhealthy.
The ‘FAT’ many of us carry around stems from past prejudices, self-loathing, disappointments, loneliness, desperation, the loss of self-love, and the fear not only of failure, but the fear of success.
Over the next couple of months I’m working on make some considerable changes to the Fat Be Gone web site. To say I’m excited about the future of Fat Be Gone is a little understated.
There are three things I want to ask you to do as Fat Be Gone makes some adjustments to better support you all:
· Keep being open-minded,
· Don’t be afraid to start over,
· Trust yourself.
Now, as I promised here are my top five reasons to keep going;
1. To hug my God children – just on 15 months ago my best friends had twins – Ambrose and Eva-Jean. They live less than 10 minutes from me, which means I get to spend as much time as I want with them. They also remind me how fit I need to be to keep up with them.
2. Receiving messages from people I haven’t met telling me how my journey has inspired them. Two weeks ago one of the PT friends sent me a message sharing how my story is inspiring her friend – who has lost 8 kilos in the past year. You just never know what affect your actions and choices will have on another person.
3. Being able to do up the seat belt on the plane without asking for an extender-belt. If you have ever had to ask a flight attendant for one you will know how embarrassing it can be. It also means you cannot sit near an exit, with the extra leg room, because the airlines don’t think you could assist in an emergency.
4. I want quality of life for as long as I can. I recently watched a wonderful story on a woman named Eileen Kramer, who at 100 years is still dancing. Eileen exudes creativity. That’s how I want to live – now, and when I turn 100.
5. The final reason is very simple – to be able to keep doing what I do. To be able to make choices for myself. To keep striving to be the best I can be.
I used to ask what life can do for me – now I ask, what can I do for life.
Before I go I want to ask you to do me a favour. I’ve created a short survey to hear what it is you want from Fat Be Gone. It’s just 8 questions and should take you less than 5 minutes. Click here for the Survey Link
Keep sharing the love,